As the population continues to age, massage therapists well-versed in elder care will have many opportunities open to them. This course provides a thorough exploration of conditions in palliative care, how massage can benefit the patient, and massage therapy techniques applicable to symptoms associated with this population.
In this course, you will learn:
- The role and responsibilities of the massage therapist as a member of the palliative healthcare team.
- Limitations associated with various treatment environments and ways of adapting.
- How to modify the patient intake, assessment procedures, and treatment protocol.
- How to identify any yellow flags that may be contraindications to treatment.
- The medical side effects and the use of pain management for the palliative patient.
- Advanced discussion of ethical and business implications surrounding palliative care.