This course examines the common symptoms and various postural compensations that can be experienced throughout pregnancy. Primary to the content are the professional considerations that allow the therapist to assess the pregnant person effectively. Explore how to take a comprehensive case history, establish goals, and obtain a clinical perspective relative to the needs of the client. This training has been a collaborative creation between Trimesters: Massage Therapy Education and Dexterity Professional Development.
In this course, you will learn:
- Primary care provider options during pregnancy and birth.
- The difference between low-risk and higher-risk pregnant clients.
- How to take an effective Massage Therapy case history and establish goals for the pregnant client.
- How to establish treatment goals for Massage Therapy.
- Specifications for preparing a professional clinical setting.
- Postural compensations that occur during pregnancy.
- Common assessments to enhance treatment protocols.
- Common symptoms experienced in pregnancy.
- Special orthopedic tests for assessment of the pregnant client.