ABOUT THE COURSE
Low back pain is a common reason for patients to seek treatment. However, low back pain can have a variety of causes and involve many areas of the body. Explore the Western Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine approaches to understanding and treating low back pain.
Learn how to assess low back pain for acupressure, and how to integrate acupressure into a manual therapy treatment plan.
Practitioners will become familiar with acupressure techniques to activate Meridian channels and the most common local and compensatory acupressure points to integrate into the treatment of low back pain.
In this course, you will:
- Become familiar with professional responsibilities associated with incorporating a complementary modality into clinical practice.
- Understand common causes of low back pain.
- Discover how other professions approach the treatment of low back pain.
- Examine and compare the Western and Traditional Chinese Medicine approaches to treating low back pain.
- Learn how to assess low back pain and create a treatment plan that includes acupressure.
- Explore the most common compensatory areas and their relationship to the low back, both anatomically and via Meridian channels.
- Study the most common acupressure points for relieving low back pain, both in the low back and in compensatory areas.
- Integrate knowledge and practice by examining a case study with a sample acupressure treatment plan.