Meditation has been practiced for thousands of years. Explore the history of meditation, various forms and styles, and benefits of a regular meditation practice. Understand common indications during an assessment, how to modify treatment to incorporate meditation, and how to provide meditation as a form of remedial exercise. This course is designed to assist the manual therapist in incorporating meditation into their practice, and as a form of self-care.
In this course, you will learn:
- A brief history of meditation, different forms of meditation, and how meditation impacts various regions of the brain
- Benefits of a regular meditation practice
- How to incorporate meditation into manual therapy including modifications to standard intake and assessment, contraindications and side effects
- How to conduct various forms of meditation in treatment and provide home care
- Self care for the manual therapist, including active and restorative yoga practices