Aromatherapy has been practiced for centuries by different cultures using essential oils to improve the health of the body, mind, and spirit. This course provides an in-depth discussion of common essential oils and their benefits for use during treatment. Explore how essential oils are made, how they impact various body systems, how to create an aromatherapy blend, and how to integrate essential oils into the treatment of various conditions.
In this course, you will learn:
- The historical origins of modern aromatherapy.
- How essential oils are produced.
- The workings of the olfactory system.
- How essential oils affect the mind and body.
- Details of twenty of the most common essential oils and their uses.
- How to integrate aromatherapy into a manual therapy treatment.
- How to create an individualized aromatherapy blend.
- Ways to integrate aromatherapy into therapist self-care.