Massage Therapy is governed by the Mississippi State Board of Massage Therapy.
The State of Mississippi requires the following to obtain a Massage Therapy License:
- Successful completion of a minimum 700-hour approved massage therapy program
- Successful completion of a national licensing exam (MBLEx, NESL, NCETMB)
- Current certification in CPR & First Aid (minimum 8 hours) and familiarity with the ADA
- Successful completion of an approved course on communicable disease, including HIV/AIDS information and prevention
- Good moral character, including fingerprint and criminal history check
The license is valid for a term of 2 years.
Continuing Education Information
The State of Mississippi requires 24 CE hours per 2 years. Of the 24 CE hours, a maximum of 12 hours per calendar year may be taken through approved home-study/online courses.
The State of Mississippi accepts CEUs from Approved Providers with the NCBTMB that are listed with the Board.