Massage Therapy is governed by the Connecticut State Department of Public Health.
The State of Connecticut Massage Therapist License requires the following at minimum:
- Successful completion of a min. 750h program from an accredited massage therapy school;
- Successful completion of min. 60h unpaid and supervised clinical or internship experiences; and,
- Successful completion of an approved licensing exam – the MBLEx or the NCBTMB examination.
- Licensed out-of-state therapists may be licensed via endorsement and must have successfully completed an examination accepted by the Board.
- An out-of-state licensee who meets active practice requirements will not need to document education.
- An out-of-state licensee who did not practice for at least a year immediately prior to application will need to document the min. 500 h massage therapy program at a school with state or national accreditation.
The Massage Therapist License is for a term of four (4) years.
Continuing Education Information
Renewal of the Massage Therapist License requires 24 CE hours for each four-year term. A licensee applying for first time license renewal is exempt from continuing education requirements until the next registration period.
The State of Connecticut requires licensees to attest that they have successfully completed continuing education requirements. Certificates of completion of continuing education should not be sent to the Department but should be retained for six (6) years and must be submitted to the Department upon request.
The State of Connecticut accepts courses for continuing education from providers in the CE Registry. The State of Connecticut also accepts courses for continuing education from providers approved by the NCBTMB.
Dexterity PD is a proud Approved Provider with the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB). Our courses are available and listed in the CE Registry. Course completion records are stored in the national Massage Therapy Licensing Database (MTLD) for permanent recording.
Dexterity PD is a proud Approved Provider with the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB). The most current list of our courses approved by NCBTMB can be found on our NCBTMB Approved Provider Profile Page.
*Please refer to your State and/or Licensing body for details and authoritative information on requirements.