Massage Therapy is governed by the Arizona State Board of Massage Therapy.
To obtain a Massage Therapist License, the State of Arizona requires the following at minimum:
- Regular License
- Successful completion of min. 700h massage therapy program.
- If the applicant graduated from a school outside of Arizona, they must also have successfully completed a national licensing exam (MBLEx or NCBTMB)OR
- License by Reciprocity
- Holds a license from another state or United States territory for at least two of the last five years immediately preceding the application; or,
- Holds a current certification from the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) and has graduated from a massage school with a minimum of 500 hours; or,
- Holds a license from another state or United States territory for one year and is active at the time of application, and has established residency in the State of Arizona.
The Massage Therapist License is subject to renewal every other year on the licensee’s birthday and expires unless renewed.
Continuing Education Information
Renewal of the Massage Therapist License requires 24 CE hours for each two-year term.
Until Dec. 31, 2022, all CE hours may be completed virtually. As of Jan. 1, 2023, 12 CE hours may be completed online. The other 12 CE hours must be taken in-person.
The State of Arizona accepts courses for continuing education hours from providers approved by the NCBTMB.
Dexterity PD is a proud Approved Provider with the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB). The most current list of our courses approved by the NCBTMB can be found on our NCBTMB Approved Provider Profile Page.
*Please refer to your State and/or Licensing body for details and authoritative information on requirements.