|Department of Licensing & Regulation|
|Length of Program||500 hours|
|CE Requirements||12 CE / 2 years|
The State of Texas requires the following to obtain a Massage Therapy License:
- Successful completion of a minimum 500 hour approved massage therapy program
- Successful completion of either:
- MBLEx national licensing exam PLUS Texas Jurisprudence Exam, OR
- TDLR Texas Massage Therapist Examination
- Fingerprint and criminal background check
A Massage Therapist License is valid for two years from the date of issue.
Continuing Education Information
The Massage Therapist License requires the completion of 12 CE each 2-year period for renewal.
The State of Texas accepts courses for continuing education hours from providers approved by the NCBTMB. Continuing education that meets the TLDR requirements but is online only is acceptable if the subject matter is not massage therapy techniques or manipulation of soft tissue. Refer to the TLDR for acceptable online subject matter.
Dexterity PD is a proud Approved Provider with the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB). The most current list of our courses approved by the NCBTMB can be found on our NCBTMB Approved Provider Profile Page.