|Georgia Board of Massage Therapy|
|Length of Program||500 hours|
|CE Requirements||24 CE / 2 years|
Massage Therapy is governed by the Georgia Board of Massage Therapy.
To obtain a Massage Therapist License, the following are required:
- Completion of a Board Recognized Massage Therapy Education Program, which requires a minimum of 500 hours of in-class supervised instruction and clinical work
- Successful completion of a national competency exam (NCBTM, NCBTMB, NESL, BCTMB, OR MBLEx)
The Massage Therapist license expires on October 31 of even-numbered years.
Continuing Education Information
Renewal of the Massage Therapist License requires 24 CE hours for each two-year term:
- 12 of the 24 CE hours must include direct hands-on supervised instruction;
- the remaining 12 CE hours may include direct hands-on supervised instruction or other massage therapy related CE hours
- CE hours for renewal must be obtained during the two-year renewal cycle beginning November 1 through October 31 of the two-year licensure period
The State of Georgia* accepts courses for continuing education hours from providers in the CE Registry. The State of Georgia also accepts courses for continuing education hours from providers approved by the NCBTMB.
Dexterity PD is a proud Approved Provider with the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB). Our courses are available and listed in the CE Registry. Course completion records are stored in the national Massage Therapy Licensing Database (MTLD) for permanent recording.
Dexterity PD is a proud Approved Provider with the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB). The most current list of our courses approved by the NCBTMB can be found on our NCBTMB Approved Provider Profile Page. The State of Georgia also utilizes CE Broker.
*Please confirm with your state as the list of states that accept courses through CE Registry may change. Additionally, please refer to your State and/or Licensing body for details and authoritative information on requirements.